Thursday, June 2, 2011

What to Eat Wednesdays


I love to cook, and I love to eat. It's well known by the people who meet and know me how excited I get about food. So my weekly post What to eat Wednesdays will entail 'What' or a 'Where' to eat for you to read about and hopefully try. I'll either cook something new and share the recipes, cook a dish I'm used to making and share, or dine at a local restaurant and share the meal I choose to eat there. I will share my opinions with you about the food.

People are always asking me how I made a dish and what is in it when I bring something to parties. My friends always rely on my dips, cakes, or crazy exotic foods. So I share that many of my dishes come from sites like Epicurious, Cooks.

I'm a true foodie and I tend to lean to the exotic side of foods. It has been challenging for me to eat what I love living here, but I've been getting creative and started going back to the South Bend Farmer's Market for my food choices. It has also been a little difficult because I sadly have an extremely picky eater in my daughter and in my extended family, so they don't share my excitement and joy of cooking these wonderful foods.

So, I will rely on you to share with me your thoughts about the food choices or any ideas you have related to food, resolving picky eater issues or restaurant menus.

2 comments:

  1. I, like most, try to eat healthy, organic, locally grown, etc. I also don't like to spend a ton of time cooking, when I cook it is generally a process of rummaging through the cupboard and mixing random ingredients. I can make homemade hummus in about 15 minutes, in any flavor I want. The other great thing about hummus is that you can put it on nearly anything. I'm definitely interested in any easy and healthy recipes you can share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about this blog. As a mother of crazy kids, who is also in school, and also loves food there is a lot that we have in common. I get so frustrated because I always forget about the Farmers Market. I am hoping that this blog will inspire me to try new things aAND remind me about great things that are right uder my nose. Cant wait to see some great recipe ideas and hear more about your life!

    ReplyDelete